INPEX was awarded the “Kurumin” next-generation certification logo by the Tokyo Labor Bureau on September 27, 2018 in recognition for the company’s initiatives to establish a working environment enabling employees to pursue their professional careers while addressing child-raising commitments, as well as various other working conditions.
This is INPEX’s third “Kurumin” award following certifications in 2012 and 2015, and specifically recognizes the company’s achievements in childcare support initiatives between fiscal years 2015 and 2017 as outlined below:
- 1.Oversaw a vast increase in the number of male employees acquiring childcare leave; 21 male employees acquired childcare leave within the period (15% of the total number of male employees whose partners gave birth during the period)
- 2.Promoted a workplace environment conducive to acquiring childcare leave and facilitating returning to work through the distribution of newsletters including guidelines for line managers of employees acquiring childcare leave outlining best practices in transitioning back into the workplace
- 3.Promoted the acquisition of paid leave through designating days on which employees are encouraged to take paid leave
- 4.Strived to reduce overtime work through designating every Wednesday as a no-overtime day
- 5.Supported the upbringing of employees’ children through organizing “Kids Day” workplace tours
In addition to these initiatives, the company also distributed e-newsletters to employees on leave and implemented a campaign promoting leaving the workplace before 18:00 to enable all employees to balance their work and extracurricular activities and fully capitalize on their abilities.