- Teikoku Oil Co., Ltd., is founded.
as a semi-governmental company to unify the existing Japanese oil exploration companies at that time.
Teikoku Oil becomes a private company.
Water-soluble gas development begins at the Minami Kanto Gas Field (Naruto Gas Field).
Japan's first long-distance natural gas pipeline between Tokyo and Niigata Prefecture (Tokyo Line) is completed.
The Minami Nagaoka Gas Field with Japan's largest reserve of natural gas is discovered in Niigata Prefecture.
Production at Minami Nagaoka Gas Field begins with completion of the Koshijihara Gas Plant.
Completion of the Oyazawa Gas Plant.
- North Sumatra Offshore Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd. (precursor to INPEX CORPORATION), is founded.
as a corporation promoting the independentdevelopment of overseas oil resources in accordance with a contract signed with PERMINA (now PERTAMINA).
Attaka Field is discovered in Offshore Mahakam (Indonesia).
- Japan Oil Development Co., Ltd. (JODCO), is founded.
- Acquires interests in the ADMA Block located offshore Abu Dhabi in UAE.
Corporate name is changed to Indonesia Petroleum, Ltd. (Japanese Corporate name is changed in 1975)
Acquires interests in the Offshore North Caspian Block, Kazakhstan; Permit WA 285-P, offshore Australia; and the Masela Block, Indonesia
Discovers the Kashagan, Ichthys and Abadi fields.
Changed corporate name to INPEX CORPORATION
- Acquisition of Japan Oil Development Co., Ltd. (JODCO).
- Listing on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Production starts in the ACG Oil Field in Azerbaijan.
- INPEX CORPORATION is founded.
INPEX CORPORATION is founded through a merger of INPEX, Teikoku Oil and INPEX Holdings. The company headquarters is moved to Akasaka, Tokyo.
Final Investment Decision on the Ichthys LNG Project.
Start-up of Naoetsu LNG Terminal, Japan.
Extension of the concession agreement for the Upper Zakum Oil Field, offshsore Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Acquires participating interest in ADCO Onshore Concession, Abu Dhabi, UAE.